The aim of CROWNCOM 2018 is to bring together researchers from academia, industry, standards, and policy to present their new solutions of how cognitive radio systems will help deliver the required stringent requirements of future 5G and beyond 5G networks.
So far, Cognitive Radio and Sharing mechanisms have been considered for sub 6GHz bands broadband systems mainly. The emergence of 5G as raised unprecedented expectations in terms of broadband services, latency and convergence of broadband systems with IoT networks. In this context, CROWNCOM 2018 will encompass a large scope of research topic also covering IoT in 5G and how cognitive mechanisms shall help leveraging access for billions of devices ; mmWave and how specific propagation and operation in these bands bring new sharing mechanisms ; how resource allocation amongst bands (including offload mechanisms) shall be solved.
CROWNCOM 2018 invites you to submit your research results and position papers on the following topics of interest, but not limited to:
- Spectrum sharing and cognitive networks, such as:
- Dynamic Spectrum Access (DSA)
- Licensed Shared Access (LSA)
- Licensed Assisted Access (LAA)
- Coexistence in unlicensed bands (including offload mechanisms)
- Cognitive Radio Related Standards and initiatives
- Application of artificial intelligence approaches to cognitive radio wireless networks
- Spectrum efficiency optimisation at any layer level perspective (at PHY, MAC, networking and application level)
- Radio resource slicing and radio virtualization techniques
- Spectrum for digital inclusion
- Application of cognitive radio and sharing for the IoT
- Sharing and coexistence in mmWave bands
- Experimental results on spectrum efficiency of end-to-end wireless systems and trials
- Spectrum sharing and security
- Business aspects and new opportunities related to spectrum sharing models (DSA, LSA, LAA, coexistence) and deployments
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
CROWNCOM proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 June 2018
31 August 2018
Start of Conference
18 September 2018
End of Conference
20 September 2018