5G Spectrum Workshop
Call for Papers
We would like to welcome you to the 5G Spectrum Workshop, organized with the support of the H2020 funded Speed5G project, in the context of CrownCom2017 that will take place on 20th-22nd September 2017 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Research has shown that the fixed spectrum allocation policy commonly adopted today suffer from the low spectrum utilization problem. Academic and regulatory bodies have focused on dynamic spectrum access to fully utilize the scarce spectrum resource. Cognitive radio, with the capability to flexibly adapt its parameters, has been proposed as the enabling technology for future spectrum management.
The 5G Spectrum Workshop will focus on creating discussion around the problems arisen in spectrum access, utilization, allocation and management, as well as validation and experimental results produced so far.
The 5G Spectrum Workshop will include:
- Keynote speeches
- Paper presentations
- Extended networking opportunities.
Key topics of the 5G Spectrum Workshop are (but not limited to):
- Dynamic spectrum access for extremely high frequency spectrum (mmWave)
- Licensed Shared Access
- Spectrum management for Internet of Things
- Energy efficiency in dynamic spectrum access
- Simulation and validation models of dynamic spectrum access systems
- Experimental results of dynamic spectrum access systems
We are inviting you and your colleagues to submit a paper to the 5G Spectrum Workshop by the 7th of May 2017.
Panagiotis Demestichas, University of Piraeus, Greece
5G Spectrum Workshop Chair