10th International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks
We are happy to announce that the BEST PAPER has been awarded to:
- Sharma, Shree Krishna (SnT, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
- Chatzinotas, Symeon (SnT, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
- Ottersten, Bjorn (SnT, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
For the paper entitled:
“Cooperative Spectrum Sensing for Heterogeneous Sensor Networks Using Multiple Decision Statistics”
Read more about the BEST PAPER !
- Dean and CEO TAMUQ Dr. Mark Weichold, Dean HBKU Dr. Mounir Hamdi and Director QNRF Dr. Abdul Sattar Al-Taie will speak during OPENING CEREMONY of CROWNCOM 2015.
- Presentation guidelines available at http://crowncom.org/2015/show/presentation-guidelines
- FINAL PROGRAM IS NOW ONLINE!! http://crowncom.org/2015/show/program-final
- Due to the format change the maximum paper length for the camera ready version is 12 single column pages!
- "Program at a Glance" with Sessions has been published! http://crowncom.org/2015/show/program-overview
- CAMERA READY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 18TH 2015!!
- We are happy to announce Crowncom 2015 Tutorials. For more details visit http://crowncom.org/2015/show/tutorials
WORKSHOP Papers submission deadline has been extended to
February 28, 2015March 7, 2015.
- Authors will be notified of paper acceptance by February 28, 2015.
Industrial panel on "Spectrum for 5G" will be organized by Dr. Maziar Nekovee from Samsung, UK. Panelists include representatives from Intel, Germany, Ericsson, Swede, Huawei, Germany and CEA-LET, France. For more details vist http://crowncom.org/2015/show/technical-session
- Keynote speakers have been announced. For more details visit http://crowncom.org/2015/show/keynotes .
- Submission to Track 1 – 7 has been closed.
- Workshop on Cognitive Radio for 5G Networks has been announced.
- Submission deadline for full papers extended to January 31, 2015 (FIRM)
- Crowncom 2015 is co-sponsored by Qatar National Research Fund from Qatar Foundation.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Selected papers will be invited for publication in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications
Due to the rapid development of wireless communications in recent years, the demand on wireless spectrum has been growing dramatically, resulting in the spectrum scarcity problem. Works have shown that the fixed spectrum allocation policy commonly adopted today suffer from the low spectrum utilization problem. Both academic and regulatory bodies have focused on dynamic spectrum access to fully utilize the scarce spectrum resource. Cognitive radio, with the capability to flexibly adapt its parameters, has been proposed as the enabling technology for unlicensed secondary users to dynamically access the licensed spectrum owned by legacy primary users on a negotiated or an opportunistic basis.
2015 marks the tenth anniversary of the International Conference on Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless Networks (Crowncom). Crowncom 2015 will be hosted by Texas A&M University at Qatar on 21-23 April, 2015. The event will be a special occasion to look back at the contribution of the Crowncom toward the advancements of cognitive radio technology since its inaugural conference in Mykonos Island, Greece in 2006 as well as to look forward to the decades ahead, the ways that cognitive radio technology would like to evolve and the ways its emerging applications and services can ensure everyone is connected everywhere.
Crowncom 2015 will feature a comprehensive technical program including seven technical tracks and a number of tutorial and special sessions. Crowncom 2015 will also include Demo and Exhibition program, panels – composed of regional and international panelist and keynote speakers. The conference will bring together academic and industrial researchers to identify and discuss the recent development, highlight the challenging gaps and forecast the future trends of cognitive radio technology toward their integration with the fifth-generation (5G) of networks. Crowncom 2015 invites you to submit your technical papers, and demo, special session and tutorial proposals to this event.