Welcome to CrownCom 2011
6th International ICST Conference on
Cognitive Radio Oriented Wireless
Networks and Communications
1 June - 3 June 2011 - Osaka, JapanNow final program is available: Final Program.
- Presentation slides in keynote speeches are now available.
- Photos in the conference are now available.
- Information of paper awards is now available.
- Keynote speaker in Keynote speech 3 has been changed.
- Panelists in the Plenary Panel Session have been changed. (click here for more information).
- An important announcement about the Earthquake in Tohoku and Kanto Regions is here.
- Information of registration desk is now available.
- Technical program has been updated. (22nd, May)
- Information of keynote speakers is now available.
- Hotel information for Osaka has been updated.
- Online registration is open.
- Conference location has been changed ( important announcement ).
- ICST Student Grants
ICST Student Registration Grant is available. ICST offers Student Grant to one student author per an accepted paper. The selected student must present the paper at the conference. The detail information will be included in the acceptance notification.
- IEICE Trans. Commun. Special Section in Conjunction with Main Topics of CrownCom2011.
(Submission is not limited to the authors of CROWNCOM 2011.)
Radio spectrum is becoming exhausted because of the growing demands for wireless broadband communications. To cope this problem, the paradigm shift from the conventional exclusive use of frequency resources to the flexible frequency utilization is indispensable for future wireless networks. Cognitive radio is a key technology that brings us an emerging paradigm of flexible frequency spectrum usage. By cognition of the radio frequency environment, cognitive radio terminals dynamically select the optimal frequency and transmission media with cooperation of networks. In these regards, this conference provides opportunities for researchers in both academia and industry to present the latest technologies and exchange ideas in the area of cognitive radio. The following topics are welcome to this conference.
- June 1st: Dr. Hiroshi Harada (details)
- National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), Japan
- Title: Amphibia Networks -A Dependable Wireless and Wired Integrated Social Network Infrastructure-
- June 2nd: Prof. Vahid Tarokh (details)
- Harvard University, USA
- Title: Information Theoretic Fundamentals, Regulatory issues, Physical Limitations and the Future of Opportunistic Transmission
- June 3rd (1st): Mr. Charley K. Watanabe (details)
- Director of Radio Policy Division, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), JAPAN Visiting Professor, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- Title: Outlook and Issue of Radio Use -Strategy for creating new radio industry-
- June 3rd (2nd): Dr. Yasuhiko Ito (details)
- KDDI R&D Laboratories, Japan Member of Radio Regulation Board of ITU
- Title: To be or not to be gcognitiveh